Thursday, October 25, 2012

An Idiots Guide to Plunder - and the Fatal Flaw of Obamanomics

My former students out there will tell you that one of my favorite economists of all time is the French genius, Frederic Bastiat.  Bastiat's most famous work, The Law provides a brilliant insight into the moral case for peace between all people.  The opposite of peace is a world of plunder. 

Please take 3 minutes of your life to watch this Youtube lesson with your kids, your friends, coworkers, members of your congregation or gang and anyone else you can think of that might be helped with some basic instruction on the foundations of freedom.



1 comment:

  1. The concept is so simple that the progressives can't accept it. I once had a person tell me that the health care issue was too complicated and therefor we had to turn it over to the government to manage.
    I have served as president of our HOA and I know that this is just another level of government. As such, we have laws (rules), the ability to fine to enforce, and the duty to levy a fee (tax). My neighbors can't see the parallel between this small government and the large federal government. They think it a horrible idea to adjust our HOA fees based on income or to use our HOA fund to pay for mowing the lawns of those less fortunate, but they believe it fine for our federal government to do the same.

    ReplyDelete